Blogging is a pleasant habit particularly for those who love writing and expressing themselves to others. A lot of people even make a living out of it. However, gaining profits in writing blogs is not a simple task especially when you are just starting your blogging career. Other than writing appropriate, driving traffic to your website is also vital and it is not an easy task. It takes time and perseverance to put up online history and gain steady traffic.
In order to increase traffic to your blog, you have to be efficient in your website promotion activities. This may comprise SEO, blog appearance, email marketing and social media promotions.
- Blogging Platform: There are quite a few good and free blogging platforms obtainable online. Most eminent platforms are Joomla, WordPress, Drupal and Blogger. WordPress is the most favored platform by many bloggers and it is also actually designed for blogging. But if you need some lively functionality like eCommerce and social networking features, you may think using Drupal and Joomla. Conversely, it is also possible if you want to create your own blog site from scratch. Thus, it will take you more time unlike installing a site using WordPress, Joomla pr Drupal. Also, in using either one of these options, some modules and plugins are already obtainable for your ease plus worldwide support communities that are eager to assist you with our platform issues.
- Color Theme: Your preference of colors is very significant for your blog appearance. Through colors, you can set off different emotions of your readers. Most blogs tend to employ light colors for their backgrounds, and dark colors for the texts, this makes the content more legible for general users.
- Navigational Layout: Make your layout navigational. Systematize your links and blocks well. Ensure your recent posts and most famous articles are available to your readers. Study and experiment well for your ad positions. Also, putting them in the correct places can make your number of click through higher.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Appropriate Content for Your Focused Niche: When we say relevant content, it means content that is useful to readers. The web is constantly being updated each day, where users are always seeking good content that relates to them, aim to publish new content on a daily, or weekly basis that will link to your visistor.
- Link Building: The number of back links is vital if you want higher page ranks. Like voting system, search engines will decide your website importance with the number of link presence you have on the web. These links can be attained in various ways, submitting to bookmarks is an efficient link building activity, or by writing guest articles, or even networking on social media websites.
- Public Relations: Public relations like article submissions and press release can also aid you endorse your site, increase back links and expose your website more.
- Ping: Submitting to ping sites like Ping-O-Matic, everytime you make changes in your site can set off the search engines to visit your website and index your new pages.
Social Media Promotions
- Twitter: Lately, Google started indexing twitter pages. Thus, anything you tweet in connection to your website will have an effect on your online presence. Be creative with your tweets, add your keywords and link them to your website. However, re-tweet other helpful posts also in order to gain more followers.
- Facebook: Facebook is now the major social networking site on the web. Each day billions of users are interacting on this site, which is a sufficent reason to invest time and endorse your websites on Facebook.
- Other Online Community and Blogging Sites: Apart from Twitter and Facebook, devoting time to other blogging sites and online communities like forums and other social networking sites can also add more exposures to your websites. Prevent spamming, post relevant comments that would help others. With this, you are not only endorsing your blog, but you are also building relationships with your peer bloggers.
- Commenting on other blogs: Create a list of blogs that you would read often, and which relate to your business. Aspire to leave useful comments on articles that are published on these blog, be creative with your comments, by writing comments that would provide added value to the post and readers.
- Forums: A good way of building your presence and getting users to your blog is by using forums. Register with forums within your niche, and answer few questions that the users ask, do this on a regular basis, over time you would build your brand awareness and start to drive traffic to your site. When answering questions, be as supportive as you can, and give answers that would be effective and helpful to all reading that question.
- Pitch Page for Mailing List: Sending emails to people who do not give you any permission to do so is loud and clear spamming. Do not do this. Create a pitch page or pitch block in your website where your readers can submit their email address to subscribe to your newsletters. You can get embed codes for this by using tools like Aweber autoresponder or FeedBurner.
- Good Layout and Content: Sending an attractive and corporate looking e-newsletter can stop your recipients to hit the “spam” button. Be original with your layout and give them good content. Put links directing to your website. Also, offering some games, rewards or other promotions can be a good call to action to your readers to visit your blog.
Guest Blogging Guest Blogging
Last but not the least, have presence as a guest blogger on various authority and related sites of your industry. As guest blogging is more than writing a blog post for some other blog, it has got many advantages, which can perk up your image as a blogger and also aid you endorse your own blog by extending to communities established by these blogs.
Best is to write guest posts for other blogs and also invite and publish guest posts on your own blog. This gives utmost exposure to your blog and helps you reach out multifold on the web by opening doors for other SEO and social media benefits attached to guest blogging. Thus, this can be termed as a win-win situation where the blogger and the blog both help in various ways.
There are so many things that you may do to gain most exposure for your blog. Also, give time to explore for useful tools to automate your blog sharing and make your promotion easier. Follow the marketing and outreach of your blog keeping abreast with new methods and ideas on the web as internet marketing keeps developing and every time you come across a new platform consider how you can depict your business.